Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Word "Cool"

The word “cool” means positive astonishment. I use the word “cool” to express my surprise towards new features on technology. For example, when the feature of voice recognition came out on a phone, I expressed myself and said, “This is so cool,” because I realized that the phone can perform tasks by using just my voice, and to me this was a joyful surprise. Furthermore, when I discovered a new feature in a car, such as a rear-view camera, I was so surprised that I said, “Cool, you are able to see the road when reversing!” Also, when I realized that my computer asks for a fingerprint as a password, I said, “Wow that is such a cool feature.”  For these reasons to me the word “cool” means positive astonishment, is a way to express how I feel towards new features on technology. 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too believe that you could highlight some technologies as being cool. It captures our imaginations and at the same time captives us in a way that is really astonishing. From your paragraph I got that cool really is something that is a bit extraordinary, has a little flair about it and something that is relatively new to someone. I bet that the cave men in the hunter gathering cultures before civilization would think that a flip phone would be cool but, since it is a bit outdated we no longer see them as cool.

      Delete
  2. Well organized. I easily figure out elements of your own paragraph. However, you should watch out punctuation of introductory elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This paragraph has a lot of potential. You have a topic sentence and major supports, but your minor supports are added into the sentences of your major supports. It would be better to take them apart and elaborate a little more. Anyway, I like your definition for cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I looked at your paragraph I notice how technology is considered cool matter. You also seem to have details for your thesis ,however, I think you should clarify your major and minor details to make it more clear for readers to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vania, I can relate to your definitions of cool, because I too loves technology and cool features on cellphones. I thought your paragraph makes sense, however, you need to be a little clearer. Also, pay attention to your transitions like furthermore is not the right choice, and also your punctuations.

    ReplyDelete